She features one male and female protagonist per month and basically fangirls over them. I couldn't resist joining in the fun. All credits to her for coming up with this post idea.
Today, I've chosen to spotlight the brilliant & charming Connor Cobalt
|(Quote from Kiss the Sky by Krista & Becca Ritchie)|
In case you don't know who Connor is, he's from the Addicted Series & the spin-offs: Calloway Sisters by my favourite authors Krista & Becca Ritchie.
NO Spoilers. I promise.
Connor first appears in Addicted to You as a supporting character but he becomes entwined into the main characters' lives. He's put in the spotlight in the in the spin-off to the addicted series, Kiss the Sky.
Richard Connor Cobalt:
- Undergrad from UPenn (w/ honours!) and was accepted into MBA at Wharton.
- Has thick, wavy brown hair with striking blue eyes and a conceited smile that somehow never gets him in trouble.
- "He wears confidence like his most expensive suit, with style and dignity and so much charm."
- Connor is extremely hot. Let's just say in life and in bed.
- Extremely sexy in Batman costume.
- He's the complete deal ladies. He's intelligent, confident and has an aura of charm and power around him always.
- Even when Rose messes up, he's there for her unconditionally and he never backs away from her. He's relentless in pursuit for what he wants.
- HE SPEAKS FRENCH and like a billion other languages.
- EDIT: Connor gives the best LAP DANCE(s) too. [THANKS JENNIFER for reminding me. I can't believe I forgot]
When I first read Addicted to You, Connor was a side character but he immediately grabbed my attention. When we first meet Connor, he's hard to relate to and he's just on another level. But as the series has gone on, he's become my favourite character as he becomes more and more human.
I so badly wish he was real.
|WHY IS CONNOR COBALT NOT REAL|
Without divulging any spoilers, the character arc for Connor has been amazing. He's changed so much and yet, he remains that confident persona we first met. I love how is with Rose and I'm excited for the last of his story in Fuel the Fire as he starts a new part of his life.
Some favourite quotes:
"My power is in my confidence. It's that simple. Their belief that it's something more - that it's something greater - is what makes the effect so strong. They need me to be their sturdy unbending fortress. So I am here."
"My hand lowers to the small of her back, and I leave her with one last kiss to the forehead that feels more genuine than all the others. “You’ve bewitched me, body and soul.”
She glares. “And you ruined it with a quote from Pride and Prejudice.”
I grin. “What? I thought we were purposefully being cliché.”
“Maybe next time, quote the book and not the film.”
My eyebrow arches and I recite theatrically, “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope.” I shake my head. “Doesn’t have the same ring to it, darling.”
A laugh escapes her lips." [SIDE NOTE: THE MAN QUOTES JANE AUSTEN FOR GODS SAKE]
“I’ve wanted so many things in life,” he says softly, “but you’re the one that has meant the most to me.”
"Why am I with you? You're so conceited arrogant - "
"Narcissistic, attractive, lovable, brilliant."
"That wasn't an invitation for you to compliment yourself."
I tend to picture Connor sometimes as Oliver Altman and sometimes as Clement Chabernaud. I'm indecisive like that.
And lastly, thanks to Krista & Becca for writing someone like Connor. I love them so much and their genius brains for coming up with amazing characters.